- Flippers are used as a definitive or temporary restoration, to help prevent the migration of existing natural teeth while a permanent dental treatment is chosen as final solution; cast partial denture, bridge or crowns on implants.
- Are generally used immediately as a temporary treatment solution, typically after the loss of one or just a few natural front teeth.
- After an accident where the patient lost or broke one or more anterior teeth to the gum line, or after an extraction, a flipper is the quickest solution to improve the comfort and the aesthetics of the patient.
- These are the most cost effective tooth replacement option dentists can give to the patients with anterior partial dentition.
- They allow new teeth or clasps to be added, in case the patient is losing more teeth.
- It is supported by the gums which can lead to bone loss, mobility and finally the loss of the existing teeth
- They are bulky compared with cast partial dentures and for some, this may create discomfort.
- Limited strength