- Complete dentures are designed for people who have lost all of their teeth.
- These type of dentures are the most cost effective tooth replacement option dentists can give to the patients with complete edentulism.
- Complete dentures not only help to restore patient’s confidence, smile and overall appearance, but also enable them to re-establish their normal day-to-day functions such as eating and speaking.
- They are used as a definitive or temporary restoration, while a permanent dental treatment is chosen as final solution; implant over denture.
- Easy to clean
- Easy to reline in case of gum resorption
- They are bulky compared with the implant over dentures and for some patients, this may create discomfort
- Have limited strength and stability
- In order to be stable, they have to cover a larger surface of the tissue (the full palate in the case of a complete upper denture)